Summer Title IX Office Hours
- Friday, June 30, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 5, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 13, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 24, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 1, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 10, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 15, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in federally-funded education programs or activities.
At the California Institute of Technology we take compliance with Title IX seriously and we are committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of sex.
The following are examples of types of sex-based discrimination that are prohibited by Title IX:
- Sexual harassment and sexual violence, including sexual assault, that occurs in connection with Caltech academic, athletic, extracurricular, or Institute programs, regardless of the location.
- Failure to provide equitable opportunity for a student or employee based on sex.
- Lack of athletic opportunities for women.
- Discrimination on the basis of gender, gender expression, and gender identity.
Institute Policies and Procedures:
Nondiscrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity
Unlawful Harassment Policy
Sexual Violence Policy
Violence Prevention Policy
What Every Employee Should Know About Title IX